Coronavirus Update: First Case Confirmed In Lagos

The ministry health in the early hours of Friday has confirmed the first case of the virus in Lagos, creating fear in the residents of the state about how havoc it could cause in our struggling economy.

The case was confirmed by the Federal Ministry of Health and was the first confirmed infection in sub-Saharan Africa. Cases had previously been reported in Egypt and Algeria but not in the sub-Saharan region.

The health ministry said the patient was an Italian citizen who returned on Feb. 25 to Lagos, the country’s largest city, after visiting Milan. The Nigerian government said in a statement that the unnamed patient was “clinically stable,” and did not have “serious symptoms” and was being treated at the Infectious Disease Hospital in Yaba, Lagos.

The low number of cases across Africa, which has close economic ties with China, has puzzled health specialists and raised questions about authorities’ capabilities to detect the virus.

In a statement issued by Dr. Osagie Ehanire, Nigeria’s minister of health said . “I wish to assure all Nigerians that have we have been beefing up our preparedness capabilities since the first confirmation of cases in China, and we will use all the resources made available by the government to respond to this case”

It has been Advised that safety health precaution should be followed and taken seriously.

Verified by the Federal ministry of health

Well there rumors also going round that there are actually more than 1 cases confirmed positive and there are others under going quarantine that are been treated. The credibility of the rumor has not been verified, but could it be true?

Leave A Reply

Navigate
error: Sorry content is protected !! Kindly make use of the share button. Thanks.